Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back at it

Well, for my frequent viewers -- I am glad to announce my return!

My summer was wonderful, if you were wondering? Got back from the most amazing 4 months of my life in Italy and then was able to travel to Colorado to see my sissy, then over to California to hang out with my cousins and see my Uncle John get married. Great times!

I interned and Hubbell Construction Services over the summer, what a great experience. My first job site was the old Sealy Mattress factory in downtown Des Moines, which is being renovated into affordable housing loft units -- I helped by doing a whole lot of sweeping, demolition when they needed my newly molded pythons, and little odd jobs here and there. Working under Cody and Mr. Jim Woods (Woody) was great and I am looking forward to seeing that project get finished! Might be putting in some more hours there on the weekends of my X-mas break when they are (hopefully) near completion.

From there I went and worked at Plumwood Terrace, which is a condo re-build project -- the building burned to the ground a year ago and all of those homeowners are all now getting to move back into their places! There I did punch-list items which included a lot of handy-man work and less on the sweeping end. Learning little odd jobs like that was great and having Ray and Jason supervising and constantly teaching me new things was great. Thanks to all of the Hubbell family for having me back for the summer, my time spent there was, again, wonderful.

I'm now back up at ISU trying to finish off my last year of college! Adding an Entrepreneurial Studies minor to my Architecture degree this year, so im taking many boring, but informative, business classes -- so those are interesting, but i do thank my lucky stars everyday i didn't choose to have my major in that college, goodness, architecture rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment