Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chicago pt 1

Our studio class got a chance to take a second field trip this semester! This is a first for one of my studios, so I am really excited to visit another city.




Got a chance to see Mies Van Der Rohe's Farnsworth House on the way to Chicago, but unfortunately the house was closed for the season so we had to look at it from the road


Gehry's amphitheater design -- last time I saw it the sun was out, this sets the mood a lot differently. Still would love to thrash a face melting solo on this stage though.


Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie house - what s considered his culmination of his famous 'prairie house' style. However, I always feel really uncomfortable in his designs because Frank was only 5'-2" and liked to design his homes to that scale, so I always feel so big inside of them


Tour guide


Pretty fun Irish band that we caught out one night.


The 'stance' --- apparently the way Chicago-ans eat their hot dogs? I'd say that I mastered it.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment