Friday, December 6, 2013

Concrete Raised Bar Top

Here is the second of my two concrete bar tops. Thanks to an old friend Brant Jahnke for helping me custom fabricate the bent steel plate that supports this +/- 150lb countertop.

I went to him with an idea I had of an industrial-looking support that could make the counter top seem like it had a really clean cantilever to it. I loved the idea of having exposed fasteners and the clear-coated steel color went right along with my beloved gray theme.

Also, check out the over-bar light fixtures! If you haven't been to my parents new loft (their build project was happening at the same time as mine was) they have almost identical ones - I wasn't aware of this when I purchased mine - so it makes for interesting back and forth harassment.

Enjoy.







.

No comments:

Post a Comment