Friday, December 6, 2013

More Teasing.

To all of my family and friends who keep harping on me to share final photos of my renovation project: I am sorry, but if you want to see the final product, you must come see it in person.

Since I love you all so very much, I want to see all of your pretty faces! Come down and check out the house whenever you can - I'm glad to share the whole story to anyone who is willing to listen. It has been a fun and exciting project to work on, and I have learned many things along the way. There are still many little things left outstanding to be completed but I have been living in the home since early October. It's a really great feeling to have something of my own, something I and many of you have helped me with. Thank you all who helped and gave support along the way, I needed and appreciate it. 

However, I do have a few things to share today, so I hope this makes you all happy!



After we got all of the drums, amps, speakers, monitors set up in the studio, my intuitions of it being a terrible acoustic space were realized - so I had to act!




I did some research on how to make acoustic sound panels, and immediately went out and got the material




A little bit of dense fiberglass insulation set into a wood frame



5 pieces of insulation came in a bag, so that's the number of panels I went with (for now). Building these was pretty quick and painless. 




Now, for a fabric color. Since I have never done any upholstery work, I wanted a color and a pattern that wouldn't show if I had put it on crooked or not, but I also didn't want a big solid color either - so this is what I went with. It was pretty cheap, thanks to Hobby Lobby and their amazing coupons. 





The first one all put together 





All 5 are ready to hang! I put some simple picture frame brackets on the back and hung them all over the studio (but of course no final photos of this, you must come visit!)




Got a super killer deal on this stainless gas stove - finally I can cook a proper meal!





Abby enjoying some fine home cook'n




.


1 comment: