Sunday, August 18, 2013

Long lost followers, I apologize – you probably thought I fell of the edge of the Earth. It has been a long while since I last posted, and a lot has happened in that time.

In the late spring of 2012 I graduated from the Iowa State University College of Design Architecture Program, the single greatest accomplishment of my short life. The program currently ranks as the 9th best program in the country and getting through that is something I am very proud of. I made several good friends, rocked out in some great shows, and had many unforgettable experiences. Thank you to all who supported me through those years, I could not have done it without you.

Shortly after graduation I was given a wonderful opportunity to work for a great hero of mine, my father at FEH Associates. I have been working there for over a year now and am working on some great projects in many different scopes. I really love what I do, and the people and clients that I do it for.

The real reason I decided to blog again is because of my next big project. I recently purchased my first home. The whole buying process was a nightmare, but I am past that now, so let’s not discuss that any further. I purchased the home out of foreclosure trying to find something affordable and something I could make my own.  

When I was first looking for homes there was just a few things that were on my ‘must have’ list:
1.      At least 2 bedrooms
2.      At least 1 public bath
3.      Large Yard
4.      At least 1 car garage (or opportunity to build one)
5.      Around 1,000 sq ft

The home I purchased has all of these, and all with the ability to make the home my own. After looking through the photos you should be able to tell where the ‘areas of need’ lie. I cannot wait to get started on this project, and to have a place I can call my own.

As the process continues, I will keep you all updated. Here goes nothing!

Please take a look at the ‘before’ photos attached. 


Back Sun Room


Living Room, looking towards the front door


Standing in the living room, looking towards dining room, kitchen, and sun room beyond


Living room


Dining Room


Dining Room, kitchen beyond


Washer/Dryer room


Public bath


Main Level bedroom


Main Level bedroom


Kitchen 


Kitchen looking towards dining, living room beyond


Kitchen & Dining


Upper level bedroom


Upper level bedroom


Upper level bedroom


Upper level bedroom



Exterior photos to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment