Monday, February 7, 2011

Baiae and Paestum!

More pics from my magnifico field trip to Southern Italy!


tree growing upside down through stone? WHAH?


Dome thermal bath


classmates chillin on the oculus


More thermal baths


View of the cost in Baiae


mama told me I needed to be in more pics -- eat your heart out :)


Action shot


gelato is always a good decision


Google Earth car spotting!


Mediterranean Sea in Paestum


leaving my mark 


Beach limbo


sweet landscape

TEMPLE!!


Sketch! -- I really like this 5 minute scribble, maybe I'll frame it


Temples!


lovely sky


Zak really enjoying himself


Sketch 2 -- this scribble is also not too shabby i suppose?


Small Amphitheater space


Paul


When volcano ash came down over the city of Pompeii 79 AD, people were buried by it and a void was left over once the body decomposed -- plaster was then poured into these voids to create these body casts -- its really neat to see the positions of these people in their last moments of life, you can really see the emotion of what was happening to them 


No comments:

Post a Comment