Friday, January 20, 2012

School Lately

School has been great lately, I'm really not used to being so busy so early in the semester! No complaints here though, i don't mind rolling up my sleeves a bit.

In studio right now I am working on designing a house out of recycled materials, starting with a 'container' and then trying to slowly work towards what the container would then be filled with to complete the living space. After much research I found that boats these days are one of the most difficult and time/energy consuming items/containers to dispose and/or recycle of.

My idea was to take the empty hulls of these boats and transform them into containers that could be modularized and made into homes. As of now, that's about as far as I've gotten, which is no good considering our review over this project is Monday. Yikes!

Anyways, check out my model building in progress ---



My framing file being cut on the laser cutter -- sweet...


Two laser cut framing plans on 1/8" thick basswood


The building process begins...









My best idea for how to get a shell on this was to use paper mache, haven't used that stuff since elementary!





One big one, and one that's a bit smaller


More mache




Now I just sit here waiting for it to dry, and MAYBE it will work
.

No comments:

Post a Comment