Friday, October 15, 2010

10-15-2010

6am in the morning....thinking about goin home for a bit of sleep, still have some work to do before class to do that starts at 1pm, not sure how long it will take me.

The presentation in Pella today went really well, and the Historical Board really liked my ideas. They said the enthusiasm i gave during my presentation was contagious. I think we all put a lot of hard work into those proposals, and it really showed, as the Board members applauded us on our efforts and mentioned that they learned a lot from all of our research. Go ISU!

After the meeting in Pella, we got back in Ames about 10:30 or so, then back to the studio I went!

Check out the models I made tonight! I'm really happy how these turned out, sorry its hard to tell what they are exactly trying to portray, but I'm trying to show how each of the exhibition spaces in my building will work  as you travel up/down the building, so maybe in some of these you can see a pattern of ramps or movement in shape and form that move up and around the building....if not, come and see me and ill show you!

First model:

Wasn't sure where to start, so I just started 'creating'
If you look closely, I tried to define a circulation path using wood pieces that get surrounded and inclosed by other materials.






Second Model:

Tried to present a 3d diagram, if you will, of how spaces could be arranged vertically around a core, I'm not especially a fan of this scheme, but it does help to at least try it and see what it looks like and how its pros and cons get accepted/rejected.....just a process I suppose, but I still really like the way I made the model, I had fun with this one!





Third model:

This is probably the closest I've come to an actual building with form so far...There is a sort of spiraling circulation on the interior, with some generic exterior wall planes, and a bit of interior structure...soon enough I will be saying 'It is alive!!' as my building runs down the street shooting little kids with yellow paintball pellets laughing at the world saying he is the coolest thing since Justin Beiber (I'm not sure that joke made any sense....im tired....give me a break)






Another review for this in class today...maybe my professor wont get upset with me today---guess we'll find out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment