Monday, January 31, 2011

Review Day!

Had our first 'final' review of our first project today, and I would say it went splendid!

We presented in two groups, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon, I was in the afternoon group. Unfortunately, the professor I was most looking forward to reviewing me critiqued the first group, and not the second. Luckily, I caught him in the intermission time and he gave me a praise-filled 2 minute crit, which made me extremely happy :)

I was first to present in the second group, so I had the great opportunity to present the whole project before explaining my design. Most students do not like to do this, but I take full advantage because I feel I can spin it to help my own cause -- you know me, sneaky sneaky. The review went really well, the only thing they commented on, was a conversation I had a few times with my professor in that my seating were large pews which made the space inflexible -- i just bit my tongue and nodded my head, as I still believe in my idea and form, that this type of seating is the right answer, oh well. They loved my drawings!

Ugh -- now that we got that out of the way, check out the review!



Check out the winning smile before the review!



Section Perspective (click to enlarge)


two of my 3 boards -- the third one explained my process



tra la la ...this is my sweet project


"No no no Cory...do it this way"


"Let me just write this down...."


Review team


everyone brings their dogs inside here -- Lilly was a sweetheart


The man in the middle is the owner of the church building -- he stopped by to check out our work, he seemed pretty impressed!


KWON 


Kwon always makes awesome models :)


Dani


view from the back of the room


Matt Gaul in the other critique room


his project was based on a birds lungs -- the interior houses a gigantic air organ!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the drawings. Nice to see you using different presentation methods.

    ReplyDelete